Webinar via Zoom
1 CE for psychologists nationwide, social workers in VA, DC & NY, and CHES professionals
Mental health professionals
Friday, March 22. 1:00 - 2:00pm. Home Study recording will be available if this time is not convenient.
This beginner level training is designed to enhance mental health providers’ understanding of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) in the treatment of chronic pain. The training provides an overview of theoretical foundations of ACT and specific interventions for how this modality may be applied in promoting psychological flexibility among patients with chronic pain.
Participants develop proficiency in mindfulness, acceptance, and cognitive defusion techniques. Providers gain insights into how they may facilitate patients’ development of active coping strategies and foster committed action within a pain management context. The presentation also incorporates practical application via a case study.
- Describe the core principles of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy in the context of pain management
- Analyze ACT for chronic pain as a treatment modality and compare it with other evidence-based treatments for pain management
- Explain the six core processes (mindfulness, acceptance, cognitive defusion, self-as-context, value clarification, committed action) in treating those with chronic pain
- Explain the emotional impact of chronic pain and integrate ACT strategies for addressing and managing pain-related emotion
- Utilize treatment strategies and practical guidance to treat patients with chronic pain through ACT intervention
- 1 CE: Approved for CE for Psychologists in all states, Social Workers in New York, Washington, DC and Virginia, and CHES professionals. Many licensing boards accept CE from APA approved sponsors as well as for trainings approved by boards in other jurisdictions. Please review this chart to see whether your state approves CE for this training.
- $25 – Individual with CE credit. ($20 for early bird registration prior to March 1)
- $20 – CHES professionals, Non-CE Participants and Students. ($15 for early bird registration prior to March 1)
REGISTER HERE for LIVE EVENT
REGISTER HERE for HOMESTUDY RECORDING. If you are unable to attend the live event, you can register for homestudy. Homestudy materials will be made available approximately 1 week after the live event and will be emailed to registrants at that time.
Agenda: Click here to view
Presented by: Phoebe Long, PhD
For more information contact: email@example.com
The Ross Center for Anxiety and Related Disorders, LLC, is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Ross Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content. The Ross Center for Anxiety and Related Disorders, LLC, is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0105. Ross Management Services, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0701 There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.
Phoebe Long, PhD
Washington, D.C. & Northern Virginia