Group Via Zoom
Wednesdays 12:00pm - 1:15pm or Fridays 9:00am - 10:15 am. 6 Week Sessions
This group is designed for BIPOC early-, mid-, and senior- level professionals (all ages) who may be experiencing any of the following:
Community Stresses, such as uncertainty of how to respond to or cope with limited access to:
- fair, equal, or quality work environment
- desired job opportunities or promotions
- culturally diverse work staff
- work environment that celebrates and affirms your cultural values and strengths
- work environment that shares responsibility in promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion work initiatives
Relationship Stresses, such as uncertainty of how to respond to:
- feeling mistreated due your identity by colleagues or bosses
- feeling as if authority figures (bosses or HR) do not take your experiences of cultural stress seriously when reported
- microaggressions, such as your colleagues or bosses expressing skepticism towards your professional qualifications or expressing negative stereotypes about your cultural background in professional spaces
- limited allyship or advocacy among colleagues in response to workplace discrimination
- witnessing someone of a similar identity experiencing mistreatment in your workplace
Emotional Distress, such as struggling with:
- Knowing what you are feeling in response to cultural stress within your workplace
- Being critical of your emotional responses to cultural stress
- Feeling your emotions intensely and possibly over a long time
- Knowing how to cope with emotional reactions to cultural stress
Identity Distress, such as struggling to:
- Have or maintain pride in your identity (especially the intersection of your racial/ethnic and professional identities) due to cultural stress within the workplace
- Manage self-doubt or low confidence due to cultural stress within the workplace
- Manage thoughts of being an imposter or feeling as if you do not belong in your professional setting
What can I expect to gain by participating in the REACH Professionals Group?
Group participants can expect growth in feeling empowered to achieve personal goals, self-acceptance towards one’s cultural background, and overall emotional healing. Additionally, participants will gain skills in:
- Values and strengths clarification
- Emotional coping
- Problem solving
- Community building
- Identity exploration
- DATE/TIME: Wednesdays at 12pm or Fridays at 9am
- LOCATION: Enrollment is rolling, and the group will take place virtually. Participants must be residents of New York, Washington, DC, Maryland, or Virginia.
- LENGTH: Group length is 75 min. One group cycle is 6 sessions.
FEES and INSURANCE: The Ross Center is an out of network provider, and does not accept insurance. However, many clients are able to submit receipts for out of network services to their insurance company for reimbursement. If you are in need of financial assistance to participate in the REACH program, please let us know. Inquiries about financial assistance or questions about insurance should be sent to Grace Landis at email@example.com.
If you are interested in this group, please complete the questionnaire below. We will contact you to follow-up after receiving your responses.
To learn more about THE REACH PROGRAM at The Ross Center, click HERE.
Ryan DeLapp, PhD
Psychologist & Director of The REACH Program
New York, NY, Washington, DC (virtual), and Northern Virginia (virtual)