New York, NY
Parents of school age children attending sleep away camp
Thursday May 16th, 2019: 7:30 - 9:00 PM
This is a parent workshop to provide tools for both parents and children to manage their worries in anticipation of the transition to sleep away camp. Parents will be taught how to prepare their children for going away to camp, and given tips and strategies for managing their child’s anxieties before leaving home for the first time.
We will discuss the dos and don’ts of how to help your child adjust to camp in the most successful manner, so that you can have a worry free summer!
Topics will include:
- How to talk to your child about their fears
- How to manage your own anxiety
- How to differentiate between typical and excessive worries
- Recommendations for pre-camp preparation for the whole family
- Guidance on how to respond to kids who are expressing being homesick while they are away
We will also leave time at the end for a Q and A
Target Audience: Parents of school-age children going to sleep away camp
Refreshments will be Served
Location: The Ross Center – New York
57 W. 57th Street, Suite 912
New York, NY 10019
For more information or to register please call 212-337-0600 or email NYinfo@rosscenter.com. Space is limited.
Talya Kook , PsyD
Psychologist & Child/Adolescent Program Director
New York, N.Y.
Alison Haar, PsyD
New York, NY