High School Students
Contact us to be placed on a waiting list for future groups
Does your teen…
- Worry excessively about what others think?
- Struggle to make new friends or join clubs?
- Have trouble talking to teachers or other adults?
- Avoid socializing?
This evidenced-based Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) group will teach high school students strategies for overcoming social anxiety in a supportive, non-threatening environment.
Participants can expect to:
- Gain confidence in social situations
- Identify and challenge negative thought patterns
- Learn mindfulness techniques
- Develop assertiveness skills
- Practice social skills in real-life situations with other teens
- Do “exposures” to challenging social situations in small steps
Parents will meet separately (concurrently) every other week to gain a better understanding of social anxiety, learn practical skills and strategies for supporting their anxious teen, and hear from other parents with similar teens.
Free Parent/Teen Information Sessions are currently being scheduled.
For more information or to be placed on a waiting list for this group, please call: