Webinar via Zoom
1 CE for psychologists nationwide, social workers in VA & NY (DC pending)
Adult-focused mental health professionals, social workers, medical/healthcare professionals
Friday, April 26, 2024. 12 - 1:00pm. Home Study recording will be available if this time is not convenient.
This interactive, beginner-level webinar training focuses on the introduction of transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) as an option to help clients with depression and anxiety. TMS is an FDA-cleared treatment for depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, migraines, smoking cessation and cortical mapping. Dr. Vaishnavi introduce the basics of TMS, including the treatment structure, how it is thought to work, outcomes, and how to assess if a clinician’s client would be a good candidate for the treatment.
- Define Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) and how it is a form of neuromodulation.
- Analyze how TMS enhances psychiatric conditions, specifically depression, and the expected outcomes.
- Develop proficiency in evaluating clients for potential TMS candidacy.
- 1 CE: Approved for CE for Psychologists in all states and Social Workers in New York and Virginia (Washington DC pending approval). Many licensing boards accept CE from APA approved sponsors as well as for trainings approved by boards in other jurisdictions. Please review this chart to see whether your state approves CE for this training.
- $25 – Individual with CE credit. ($20 for early bird registration prior to April 5th)
- $20 – Non-CE Participants and Students. ($15 for early bird registration prior to April 5th)
REGISTER HERE for LIVE EVENT
REGISTER HERE for HOMESTUDY RECORDING. If you are unable to attend the live event, you can register for homestudy. Homestudy materials will be made available approximately 1 week after the live event and will be emailed to registrants at that time.
Agenda: Click here to view
Presented by: Sandeep Vaishnavi, MD, PhD
Dr. Sandeep Vaishnavi is a physician fellowship-trained in Behavioral Neurology and Neuropsychiatry (from Johns Hopkins). He is certified in Behavioral Neurology and Neuropsychiatry from the United Council for Neurologic Subspecialties. His Ph.D. is in cognitive science, with a specialization in cognitive neuroscience. He has done residencies at Duke University (in Psychiatry as well as in Clinical Psychopharmacology) and a fellowship at Johns Hopkins. He is also the author of the books The Traumatized Brain and Healing the Traumatized Brain, the latter released in July, 2023. Vaishnavi is the President of the Center for Brain Neuropsychiatry and Brain Stimulation (CNBS)
For more information contact: email@example.com
The Ross Center for Anxiety and Related Disorders, LLC, is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Ross Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content. The Ross Center for Anxiety and Related Disorders, LLC, is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0105. Ross Management Services, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0701 There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.
Sandeep Vaishnavi, MD, PhD