New Groups Currently Being Planned for Fall
Do you avoid travel because of an excessive fear of flying? You don’t need to suffer or change your plans any longer.
In this group, you will:
- Identify your personal motivation and goals for flying
- Learn about your anxiety and how you it affects you in flight
- Gain an understanding of the basic mechanics of planes and flight
- Learn tools and skill to manage flying anxiety and…FLY!
This Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) group will teach you concrete tools for overcoming flying anxiety in a supportive, non-threatening environment.
You will learn to:
- Challenge and reframe negative automatic thoughts
- Distinguish between real danger and misleading fear
- Use mindfulness and acceptance strategies to address anxiety
- Take on the challenge of an actual flight!
After 3 weekly sessions, the group will embark on a day-long round-trip flight on a commercial airline to a regional city, followed by a final debriefing session.
Click here for group flyer