New York, NY, Northern Virginia, Washington, D.C., Webinar via Zoom
Parents of Elementary through Middle-School Aged Children
Wednesday, June 23, 2021: 8:15pm - 9:15pm
When the COVID-19 crisis began, many of us could not wait for our lives to resume in the ways that we once considered “normal.” Now, with the rise in vaccinations, the lift in mask mandates, and the opportunities for larger social gatherings, some of us may be feeling a bit uneasy and possibly reluctant for the transition back to in-person interactions. Parents who have finally found their groove through established family routines during lockdown are having to switch gears and adjust to a “new normal.”
Join Dr. Rowe as she leads this 1-hour webinar designed to support parents in managing their own stress around re-opening and help their child(ren) adjust to post-pandemic life. She will discuss some the reasons why we may be experiencing re-entry anxiety and what this can look like in the context of our family life. Dr. Rowe will also share concepts and strategies for easing your child’s re-entry anxiety and boosting family resilience, which will include:
- Acknowledging anxiety and stress while focusing energy on aspects of life that we can control.
- Refraining from avoidant behaviors by engaging in small, yet active steps toward re-entry.
- Utilizing healthy coping strategies that create structure and promote self-care.
- Maintaining positive changes from lockdown and developing a re-entry plan that supports family goals and values.
- Providing motivation that encourages social engagement and empowers children to practice socializing.
This session will be recorded, and registrants will receive a link to a recording of the webinar to view at your convenience if this time does not work for you.
For more information, or to submit questions ahead of time, please contact us at [email protected].
Kali Rowe, PhD
New York, NY