18 and up
Mary (Beth) Salcedo, MD, is an adult psychiatrist and the Medical Director of The Ross Center. She offers solutions to adults who are limited by symptoms of anxiety and depression. Her expertise includes providing diagnostic assessments, second opinions on treatment options, and medication management leading to improved mental health. Personable and compassionate, Dr. Salcedo helps patients understand their symptoms and the many ways they can be treated. She calmly and directly explains the pros and cons of various treatment options, collaborating with patients to determine the most comfortable path forward. When therapy is warranted, she recommends the most appropriate clinician from both within and outside of The Ross Center. Patients find Dr. Salcedo to be warm, engaging, and relatable, and quickly become comfortable in sharing their experiences in a non-judgmental setting. She has a breadth of experience that guides her decisions, helping patients to lead more fulfilling, healthy lives.
Areas of Expertise:
Dr. Salcedo specializes in treating adults with anxiety and mood disorders, including depression, panic disorder, and struggles during life transitions. She is known for her diagnostic expertise, which enables her to customize a treatment plan that includes the optimal mix of therapy and medication management. She is understanding of the ambivalence many patients have regarding medication, and provides non-medication interventions for those who are reluctant to pursue more intensive treatment. Her goal is to minimize symptoms and maximize quality of life for each patient.
Experience and Training:
A dynamic leader, Dr. Salcedo serves as the President of the prestigious Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA) where she has been an active board member for many years. A Distinguished Fellow with The American Psychiatric Association, she is consistently included in Washingtonian Magazine’s “Top Doctors” ranking. Dr. Salcedo completed her residency in psychiatry at The George Washington University School of Medicine, where she was selected Chief Resident. She was also inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha medical school honor society and awarded for her medical student teaching. She has served as the Medical Director of The Ross Center since 2002, ensuring that all clinicians are providing the highest quality medical care.
Blog Posts and Events:
- Blog: As the Pandemic Rages On – We’re Here for You
- Blog: Black History Month and our Commitment to Inclusion
- News Mention: Prevention Magazine: 8 Ways to Relieve Coronavirus-Induced Anxiety,
- News Mention: Dr. Salcedo appears on The Today Show to discuss the increased use of psychiatric medications
- News Mention: NAMI Journal: The Comorbidity of Anxiety and Depression
- News Mention: Is My Chest Tightness Anxiety or the Coronavirus? – New York Magazine
- News Mention: Vogue Magazine: The Hidden Physical Symptoms of Anxiety
- Video: The Ross Center Responds to Covid
- Video: The Ross Center is Here For You